Well, At Least ONE of My New Year's Resolutions Is Going Well...

I decided this year to read a little bit more and waste time on the internet a little bit less.  My goal? 60 Books This Year.

You may be right.

I may be crazy.

But I can read pretty darn fast.  Plus, if I get discouraged, I'll just start reading lots and lots of pamphlets.

Why 60, you ask?  Well, because at first I put 100.  It sounds way more legit, like I am super smart.  However, even I, Speed Reader Extraordinaire, knew that reading an average of 1.923076923076923 books a week is maybe too much.
Although...now that I'm looking at it as two books a week, it might actually be feasible.  I guess we'll see what happens.

Anyway, I thought I'd keep track of the books I'm reading.

I also added another page at the top for the list of all the books I've read, as well as the date I completed them.  That's more for me than for you.  But feel free to take a look and see if we've read any of the same books.

I'll also do a sporadic book review for you, so you can know if the books I've been reading are actually any good.  The book I'm reading right now is called Animal, Vegetable, Miracle and it's pretty darn good.  Really good.  If you like thinking about food and where it comes from and farms and "the good life," then you will probably like this book.

Well, that's all I have to say.  Go! Go a-way! Read some books!

2 comments:

  1. This is an awesome new years resolution! I highly recommend reading Alicia; My Story, by Alicia Appleman Jurman. It's SO powerful. An autobiography about a jewish girl who survived WW2.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! I love reading--when I graduate I'm going to read like a maniac. On New Year's Eve when everyone was counting down to the new year I was happily reading a book in the corner.

    I also love my Book Club! We read some incredible books together. I'm totally going to look at your book list and take suggestions from you.

    ReplyDelete

Say something.