DisPinterest.

Listen, I love Pinterest as much as the next guy or gal...but sometimes I'll run across something that someone pinned and think, "SURELY they're not serious."

They ARE serious.  And stop calling me Shirley.  Don't ask me why, but some people out there insist on pinning the tackiest things I have ever seen.

Here's a roundup of the most ridiculous things I've seen on Pinterest lately.

1. TOOTH CUPCAKES.


Listen, I know that cupcakes are super cool right now.  They are the new froyo  cake pops  macarons WHATEVER.  

But seriously...who thought making a cupcake look like a tooth was a good idea? "I'd really like to sink my teeth into...another tooth! Mmm...just the sight of those plaque-y cupcakes makes me drool! I bet they taste juuuust like the teeth that Mom used to make."  

See what I mean? It's about the least appetizing thing you could make out of a cupcake.




Speaking of baking:






Original caption:

"Cute idea for cow lovers"

Yes, cute idea indeed.  And just about how many cow lovers do YOU know?





Original caption: 

"Oh oh oh this is brilliant for Old plastic dolls.  MUST DO THIS"

I...I tried to think of something to say here.





Original caption:

"Spray Painted Faux Stones on Concrete using a concrete path form from the home improvement store! What a great idea!! Dare I do this on my patio?"

Let's just talk this through.  You have a concrete pathway.  It's not very attractive, so you think to yourself, "How can I make this look like stonework?" And you come up with this brilliant answer: I must spray paint it in various gawdy colors that will wear off in the next couple years and leave it looking worse than before, all the while realizing that I'm not fooling anyone--it just looks like a kindergartener colored on my sidewalk.
Sounds like a plan to me.



5. THIS ONE'S A MYSTERY--I'LL CALL IT DUCK-FACED PRINCESSES


Original caption:

"Disney princess costumes"

I don't even...what is even HAPPENING in this picture?? Why are they dressed up like Disney princesses dressed as Toddlers & Tiaras stars? Why are they making duck faces? Who thought it was a good idea to have their legs turn into...more legs? What's with the reflection? Why are they holding their hands like that?? Why did they think this was a good idea???? SO MANY QUESTIONS!!




That's all I have the mental energy for tonight.



Do you have an awful pin to show me? Email me at DisPinterest at me.com.

Want more DisPinterest? Click here.






3 comments:

  1. HA ha ha ha ha ha ha! Oh, it's all so true. It's one of those things where you don't know whether to be highly entertained or horribly aghast at what some people come up with...

    ReplyDelete
  2. The princess picture is hilarious. I love your Pinterest boards and I'm happy to have stumbled across your blog! Hope you are well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is so great! I stalk (I mean follow) you on Instagram so I'm glad you're reading--I feel less creepy that way. :)
      I'm planning on doing another post on crappy pins some time this week...oh Pinterest.

      Delete

Say something.