It's Time for More DisPinterest. [Updated]


It's no secret that my relationship with Pinterest is only so-so.  I find it to be an extremely useful site to categorize images you like, while also managing to present some of the most ridiculous things of ALL TIME.

So, without futher ado, I present to you the ten craziest things I've seen on Pinterest lately.


First of all, let's just say that I do not understand this quote.  Are they trying to say that girls spontaneously generate glitter? Is this like that ridiculous saying, "Girls don't sweat, they glisten"? I don't know about you, but if I saw a girl who left behind a trail of glitter, my first thought would be that she was involved in an arts and crafts project that went horribly, horribly wrong.  
A better quote to go along with this picture: "Glitter is the herpes of the craft world."






To the creator: Let's just think this through for a sec.  

For your sake, we'll set aside the fact that you want to barf lace all over their bathroom, and just focus on this:

You want to put White. Lace.

On one of the most insanitary places in your house.

Where it will probably get stained in various shades of yellow. And brown.  And anything in between.

And you think that it's a good idea?  More power to you, grandma.  More power to you.





Here's the description:

"Looking to add a little style without more insulation? Dying to crochet something to make you feel like a princess right this minute? This cute little cap is just the thing for summer heat: the open floral pattern is not only extremely cool (in terms of temperature and style) but it's super fast to work up!"

Not quite sure what else there is to say here. I think I'm done.





Admit it. You thought they looked like boobs too.  

(They're fishing bobbers, not that that makes it any better.  Who makes a wreath out of fishing bobbers??)





Listen, I love flowers in the hair as much as the next girl.  But answer me one question: what exactly is the look we are going for here? Flower girl reliving her glory days? Dress up? Trying to get weird looks?  It looks like some flowers pooped on her head.






Let's just...not.






Let's set aside the capitalization, punctuation, and grammar errors that abound, and talk about this:


Are we sure that's the greatest trick he's ever pulled?



Like, really sure?


Because I can think of a couple more that the devil might have considered more significant.  

Like, oh, I don't know, convincing Eve to partake of the forbidden fruit, talking Cain into slaying Abel, and you know, HITLER.  

But whatever--I'm sure women thinking they look better with makeup is right up there, too.  Boy, how Satan must hate it when us women wear makeup! Amirite, ladies??

Let's also talk about this: some women actually DO look better with makeup on (guilty as charged), and it's certainly nothing to feel inadequate about.  But thanks for trying anyway, Random Internet Dude.






Am I the only one who sees this as a representation of giving birth?

You can never look at it the same way again.

Sorrynotsorry.

And does that baby not look like one of those creepily realistic "doll" sculptures? 
I think it is. 
Is it? 
It is. 
It MUST be. 

Is it??





Okay, okay, I get it.  You're getting married, and you're thinking of all these totally super-cute fun things you can do for your wedding, and you come up with something reeeally adorbz: 

Why don't we give each bridesmaid a t-shirt, and on the back, we'll put the number of years we have been friends!!! Sweet, right?

 Let's just say...I feel really bad for Kelly.  

Don't you think there are better, less passive-aggressive ways to say, "You are not my friend and I want to publicly embarrass you into realizing it and I don't even know why I asked you to be in my bridal party anyway"?

**UPDATE: See the comments for a couple more likely explanations. Original pin was probably mis-captioned. Faith in humanity = RESTORED.**





I love recycled kid's crafts.  I think they're adorable.  

But what is going on with these unfortunate and anatomically-incorrect sumo wrestlers? 
Do they have four legs? 
Really low arms?? 
NO arms?? 
An UDDER??? 
WHAT IS GOING ONNNNNNN??  


It is perhaps a mystery we will never solve.





Do you have an awful pin to show me? Email me at DisPinterest at me.com.

Want more DisPinterest? Click here and here.


5 comments:

  1. Booby bobbers! I'm so proud my pin made the list! (#4. I found it and pinned it, you re-pinned it, then blogged it). But seriously. You're so right. The lace bathroom reeeally creeps me out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally love all of these they crack me up :) Although for the bridesmaids one.. when I came across that pin it said the # represents how old you were when you met not how many years you've known them. So the 0 one was they've known each other since birth.. Just saying!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh man...that would make a whole lot more sense! The caption underneath said years they were friends. Let's hope for her sake it's how old you were! Much better. :)

      Delete
  3. HAHSHHSAAAA I almost peed my pants reading this....flowers pooped on her head lol! Also, I think whoever wrote a caption under that bridesmaid photo wrote it wrong...I"m pretty sure (just guessing tho) that it's the date of the wedding! I have a friend do that so ...ya.

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Say something.