My New Favorite Thing To Eat

There are probably a million variations of this dish.  I made a huge plate of it yesterday and ate nothing but green beans for dinner.  It. Was. SOOOOO. Good.

Of course, it helps if you like green beans, too.  And please, for the love, use frozen or fresh green beans, not the canned mush.  (I like the canned mush too, just in a different way.)


Seriously....this tastes SO good and it's (relatively) healthy for you.

Okay, well, it has a veggie component.  That's healthy, right? I mean, who DOESN'T like eating their veggies smothered in butter and Parmesan cheese?

Oh...wait...

Tim doesn't.  He's a Plain Food Eater all the way.  

Well, never mind.  For those of you that like relatively healthy smothered veggies, this recipe's for you.



Ingredients
2 cloves garlic, pressed or chopped finely
1 tbsp. butter or olive oil
2 - 3 cups of fresh or frozen green beans
1 tbsp. Parmesan cheese
Salt & pepper to taste

Saute the garlic in the butter over high heat.  Add pepper.  Once the pan is hot, turn it down to medium high and continue cooking the garlic till it browns just slightly.  Add the green beans and return heat to high. BTW, mine were frozen.  I just dumped them in without thawing them.

 I like to brown some of the green beans, so you can leave it in as long as you want.  Dump it on a plate and let it cool just slightly.  Sprinkle Parmesan cheese and salt, if you want it, on top. Also, more pepper is good.  I love pepper.  And it gives it a nice kick.

There you go.  You're welcome.

1 comment:

  1. Mmmmmm, I'm trying it! Also, will you please post some pictures? I feel like I haven't seen you two in a while. Oh wait, I haven't.

    ReplyDelete

Say something.