Musings Upon Leaving.

Another beautiful sunset from our apartment window...sigh.

Things I Will Miss About Russia:



Things I Will NOT Miss About Russia:

  • Walking everywhere.  (I know, I know...I just said I was going to miss that. I will, it's just that I am also looking forward to having a car again...hallelujah.)
  • Dirty streets.
  • Smoking.
  • Loogies EVERYWHERE.
  • Buying bottled water.
  • Riding in our Russian Elevator Box of Doom.



Things I Am Looking Forward To:

  • GETTING ALL OF MY FRIENDS BACK, YAAAAAAAAAAAY!! (The introvert in me never thought I would get so friend-starved...so my apologies if I smother you when I get back to the States.)
  • Being in the same time zone as the rest of my peeps.
  • Knowing exactly what store to go to when I'm looking for something in particular.
  • Being able to communicate beyond gestures and finger pointing. 
  • Straightening my hair...it's been THREE MONTHS, people! I am so sick of braids and buns!
  • Soft towels (or, in other words, having a dryer).
  • Being able to drink straight out of the faucet AND 
  • The fact that the U.S. has DRINKING FOUNTAINSSSS YAY.
  • Aaaaaaaand Mexican food. Duh.