|Another beautiful sunset from our apartment window...sigh.|
Things I Will Miss About Russia:
- The glorious metro.
- Fresh fruits and vegetables. Mmmmmm. I pretty much ate tomato sandwiches every day for lunch.
- Who can forget...the stunning churches.
- Living within walking distance of Red Square, the Church of Christ the Savior, and Donskoy Monastery.
- Hearing Russian spoken out loud...and getting waaaaay too excited when I recognize a word or two.
- Our apartment.
- The bliss that is medovik.
- The friends we have made.
- The view from our apartment.
- Walking everywhere. And taking strolls in beautiful parks.
Things I Will NOT Miss About Russia:
- Walking everywhere. (I know, I know...I just said I was going to miss that. I will, it's just that I am also looking forward to having a car again...hallelujah.)
- Dirty streets.
- Loogies EVERYWHERE.
- Buying bottled water.
- Riding in our Russian Elevator Box of Doom.
Things I Am Looking Forward To:
- GETTING ALL OF MY FRIENDS BACK, YAAAAAAAAAAAY!! (The introvert in me never thought I would get so friend-starved...so my apologies if I smother you when I get back to the States.)
- Being in the same time zone as the rest of my peeps.
- Knowing exactly what store to go to when I'm looking for something in particular.
- Being able to communicate beyond gestures and finger pointing.
- Straightening my hair...it's been THREE MONTHS, people! I am so sick of braids and buns!
- Soft towels (or, in other words, having a dryer).
- Being able to drink straight out of the faucet AND
- The fact that the U.S. has DRINKING FOUNTAINSSSS YAY.
- Aaaaaaaand Mexican food. Duh.