Job Searching...And Searching...And Searching

So everything in our lives is super fantastic.  All the concerns we've had about money, where to live, how to get what we need (bed, couch, etc), starting grad school, have all been resolved.

All the concerns except one.  I need a job.

We do have student loans, but we had to spend so much getting started that we will definitely need to supplement our income.  Plus, I don't have anything else to do right now and I'd love to be able to build up a savings that's ours again.  So, I've been on the prowl for jobs since before we got here.  I feel like I have a pretty good resume, so it's been really surprising that all the applications I've submitted have barely gotten a response.  It's been pretty confusing and pretty disheartening.  In the meantime, I have found a tutoring job that pays $33.00/hour, but it's only 5 or 6 hours a week.  And it doesn't start till mid-October.  So, I've been looking in other places too.

To make a long story short, I submitted my resume to work at Apple.  It would be the ideal job for me.  I turned it in a couple weeks ago, and was pretty worried because I still hadn't heard back from them even though I knew they were actively hiring.  Did you know it's easier to get into Harvard than it is to get a job at Apple?  Needless to say, I felt like my dream job was unavailable to me.

This morning, I asked Tim for a blessing because I was getting worried about my job search.  It was a wonderful blessing and such a good experience for both of us.  I was blessed with the confidence to remember that I was a woman of many talents and abilities, among other things.  It's been easy to forget that and see myself as someone who doesn't have enough experience to warrant an interview.

 So I went to the Apple store today to see if I could get some answers about when to expect an email letting me know if I move on to the recruiting event. When I went to the store today I ended up being able to chat with the manager for 15 minutes or so, and it went really well.  Really well.  He told me he had already flagged my application for the recruitment event 3 days ago, but they just hadn't sent the emails out yet.  He seemed really excited about having me apply, and let's just say that it was an answer to many prayers.

There has been a lot of blessings in our lives lately, and I just feel so grateful that we have been receiving heavenly help.  I will keep you updated on the job hunt--in the meantime, any prayers are surely appreciated.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Say something.